Born in Placerville in 1878 to Matthew Blair, II, and Pauline Larsen Blair, Marion Blair Harris was the eldest daughter among her eight siblings. She was raised between the family home on Clay Street and the historic Blair mill site/ranch in Pollock Pines. As a student at El Dorado High School, Marion excelled at academics, being particularly gifted in mathematics. In 1912, she married local orchardist John Harris, and together they raised four children. She was passionate about family and preserving the Blair legacy in El Dorado County. Her sons later partnered with their cousins in the 1940s to establish “Blair Brothers Lumber Co.”. Marion and John planted pears and later apples on the old Blair family ranch and operated a successful orchard. When her parents died and the farm was slated to leave the family, Marion pooled resources with her son Blair Harris and bought out her siblings to keep the farm in the family. Today, the farm continues to be operated by Marion’s grandchildren and is known as the Harris Family Farm.